Friday, January 16, 2009

Pics From The Phone Chapter II

Welcome to a this time, food orientated picture presentation. Firstly....


This is a little thing I (wittily) like to call a "PopTart with Fluff Spread on it" And that's what it is... Its Chocolate Pop Tart and Fluff. Fluff is, spreadable marshmallow condiment(?) But, its very hard to get in Ireland, and possibly in the States. I just don't know. Its a big novelty to me in any case. Their website also has some catchy retro jingles and its founding is quite the story. Its effectively sugar; and when spread onto pure fat it just delicious.


If you can read what it says on the box, its not a big deal, most people can read.... But you'll be able to tell that it is a box of Lucky Charms. These were the sugary, cavity inducing taste of my childhood. Until the MAN! that is Kellogs stopped selling them this side of the water. Presumably because they were racist, or because of the droves of hyper, obese and toothless children roaming the streets. But I'd remembered them for years, and then I found that this really expensive supermarket in Dublin sold them, that's Fallon and Byrne on Wicklow Street. I paid €9 for one box. 9! I consider it worth it. It brought back the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment