Tuesday, February 10, 2009

. . .and from the depths, HE ROOOSE!

*There are many rooms. Some rooms within rooms, and those rooms within yet more rooms. Some rooms exist as a singularity. Others band together and keep a window alight in the Great Alone, so travellers of the rooms may see it, come and rest, and be enlightened.
This room lies between other rooms.

Within it. . .
Darkness. A vast open space. Slowly, candles light in the gloom. They serve only to make shadows deeper. Motes of dust hang in the air, sheets of which cover the floor. Here and there are vague shapes buried in the drifts, but it is a vain attempt to determine what they are. Or even what they once were. . . An intercom crackles to life somewhere in the quietly drifting haze. Music plays. It is a soft ballad, calm and up-beat. Perhaps there is some life in this place of places. This hall of halls. This realm, simply abbreviated: S.F.F., on a rusted iron plaque, bolted to the only door. . . the music stops. And then, there was a voice. . .*

Hello. It has been quite some time since I was up here, so peoples, I apologise.
Lookit me talk as people read this! Just haven't been inspired til now!

Yesterday, whilst being busy in my room, the cat walks in. I know! Crazy right? But anyway, I notice she's got a strange greeny-yellow ring around her only patch of orange fur (on her white body), so I'm thinkin' "Holy shit, whats up with that?". Next morning I mention this to my mother who simply says: "Hmm yes, that is strange. It was probably your brother." So I'm thinking "What kind of conclusion is that to come to?! How could anyone just jump straight to the conclusion that my twelve-year-old, not-entirely-a-dumb-ass brother would actually draw with a highlighter on our beloved cat, or on any animal?!? Where the fuck is the sense?!?"
I asked him that morning.
"Listen, I know this is going to sound absurd, but did you actually draw on our cat?"

"Oh. Yyeah. That was me."







I can see you're as speechless as I was. I just didn't know what to say.

Back to more important matters: I have had this old-ass Russian camera (it actually says "Made in U.S.S.R. on it) and for a while I thought it useless as it was worthless and old. Then I realised "Hey! I have an old-ass camera! Thats the only damn thing I will ever take pictures with from now on! Thats awesome!" So yeah, I'm gonna go out and buy some film. And a scanner.


I'm gonna try and hang around some more. I know there was a lot of quotation marks in this post, and for this, I apologise. If you were annoyed by that, hey, go make a sammich, see if I care.

Make post end now.

No comments:

Post a Comment